Delegates are invited to participate in WFC2021 in person or online to discover an exciting hybrid program featuring over 1,000 abstracts from fisheries industry experts world-wide.
Congress Presenters can attend the WFC2021 by registering by Monday 16 August 2021 in line with Early Bird registration deadline.
Registrations are COVID-proof. Switch from in-person to online registration if Government-travel restrictions arise. See below for details.
Low and Middle Income Countries
Attention potential attendees from Low and Middle Income Countries: Conference awards are available through the International Fisheries Section of the American Fisheries Society. Find out more here.
All prices are listed in AUD and are GST inclusive.
For in person participants with a full registration:
- Entry to all congress sessions, poster and exhibition area
- Tea breaks and lunches for the duration of the congress
- Ticket to the Welcome Reception
- Ticket to the Congress Dinner
- Access to all presentations, including plenary speakers for 6 months post congress
- Exclusive congress materials
For in person participants with a day registration:
- Entry to all congress sessions, poster and exhibition area for the selected day
- Tea breaks and lunches for the selected day of the congress
- Access to all presentations, including plenary speakers for the selected day for 6 months post congress
- Exclusive congress materials
Day registrations are valid for the day selected only; selected days can be changed if required by contacting email@example.com. Social functions are not included in this registration type and are an additional cost.
For virtual participants:
- Access to all presentations, including plenary speakers for up to 6 months post congress
- Access to participate in Q & A sessions
- Access to sponsors and exhibitors materials and contact information for 6 months post congress
- Networking opportunities
Early Bird registrations close on Friday 31 July 2021 at midnight (ACDT).
Payment of Early Bird registration fees are required by the cut-off date to qualify for the rate. After the Early Bird due date, all unpaid Early Bird registrations will automatically roll over and the delegates will be charged at the regular rate. Admission to the Congress and all social functions may be refused if payment has not been received.
All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST.
Accounts paid by credit card will incur a merchant fee of 1.25% for MasterCard, 1.65% for VISA, 3.03% for American Express and 3.45% for Diners Club International. All transactions made online will incur a $4.80 web processing fee. Please note that these fees are non-refundable.
Credit Card*: Debits to your credit card will appear as ‘All Occasions Management’ on your statement.
Registrations will be confirmed via e-mail. A tax invoice will be attached to this email. A remittance advice form is included on the last page of the tax invoice. Please complete this form and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not received a written confirmation within seven days please contact All Occasions Management at email@example.com.
International Delegates (not including those from New Zealand)
Due to the ongoing Australian international border closures all international delegates wanting to participate in the World Fisheries Congress (WFC2021) will be required to attend virtually. At this time there is no indication on when the Australian international borders will re-open, and further information regarding this can be found on the Australian Government website: Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice for international travellers
Australian and New Zealand Delegates
The WFC2021 Committee has been monitoring the COVID-19 situation carefully. With the easing of the restrictions in Australia and New Zealand, we are pleased to offer an in person event in a COVID safe environment for Australian and New Zealand residents
Further information regarding travel to South Australia and restrictions in place: Travelling to SA
World Fisheries Congress 2021 (WFC2021) will be a COVID safe event:
- What happens if the WFC2021 is not able to be held as an in-person event?
The WFC2021 will be run entirely on a virtual platform. The WFC2021 will transfer in person registrations to a virtual registration. You will receive a refund for the price difference between an in person and virtual registration. This will allow you to attend virtually without missing any congress sessions. There may be some required adjustments to some of the congress session timings.
- What happens if there are state borders restrictions in place due to COVID-19?
The WFC2021 will transfer in person registrations to virtual registrations for those delegates affected by any State Government enforced border closures due to COVID related restrictions. You will receive a refund for the price difference between an in person and virtual registration.
- What happens to my exhibition space booking if the WFC2021 has to be held as a virtual event?
If exhibitors are unable to travel to attend the WFC2021 in Adelaide due to State Government enforced border closures, your exhibition booking will be transferred to the virtual exhibition. You will receive a refund for the price difference between an in person and virtual exhibitor.
- Do I need to QR code check-in?
In South Australia it is mandatory to check in to all general retail premises. The WFC2021 Committee strongly recommends that all delegates check-in when attending the WFC2021 at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
When delegates arrive at the WFC2021 venue, they can check in by scanning the QR code using their smart phone through the mySA GOV app. A paper check-in form will be available to complete for people who don’t have a smart phone.
- Are masks mandatory in Adelaide?
At this time there is no requirement in South Australia to wear face masks. If you prefer to wear a mask whilst at the WFC2021 we encourage you to supply your own personal mask.
- How are social distancing requirements organised?
All capacity regulations and social distancing guidelines as directed by SA Health requirements will be adhered to. Floor plans and logistics have been updated and developed to align with current SA Health requirements. Where practical to do so, please ensure that you keep your distance when queueing and moving throughout the WFC2021 venue. Signage will be displayed through the Adelaide Convention Centre throughout the WFC2021 that will assist and remind you on ways to keep safe.
If you choose to complete and submit the registration form, you are indicating your intention to attend the World Fisheries Congress 2021 and you will be liable for a cancellation fee if you are unable to attend.
Please note that any delegate who pays for an in-person registration to WFC2021 and is not able to attend in-person due to Australian State Government enforced border closures due to COVID, will be able to change to a virtual registration without penalty and will receive a refund for the price difference.
Registration cancellations and changes must be emailed to:
All Occasions Group
- If you cancel your registration 30 days or more before the Congress starts you will receive a full refund, but you will be required to pay a $120 cancellation fee. If you cancel your registration less than 30 days and up to seven days before the Congress starts, you will receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds will be given if you cancel your registration within seven days of the Congress, but you may nominate a substitute delegate. Refunds from any deposits forwarded to hotels, tour companies or other related businesses will be at the discretion of the supplier.
- Alterations or cancellation of hotel accommodation must be e-mailed to All Occasions Group, not to the hotel. Please read the cancellation conditions for each hotel. You will need to accept these terms and conditions when completing the registration form. If you do not accept to the terms and conditions, the accommodation will not be reserved.
In accordance with the requirements of the Australian Privacy Act 2000, the All Occasions Group (encompassing All Occasions Group and All Occasions Travel) complies with such legislation which is designed to protect the rights of the individual to privacy of their information. All information collected about you when you register for the Congress will only be used for planning, conducting the event, or communication regarding the next World Fisheries Congress. Your details may be made available to people directly related to the Congress including, but not limited to, the All Occasions Group, venues, accommodation and travel providers (for the purposes of room/travel bookings), key sponsors (subject to strict conditions) and other related parties as deemed necessary.
It is also usual practice to produce a ‘Delegate List’ of attendees at the Congress, and to include an individual’s details in such a list. By completing the registration form, you acknowledge that the details you give may be used for these purposes. It is your responsibility to ensure that all information provided to the All Occasions Group is accurate and kept up to date. To access or update your information, please email the All Occasions Group on firstname.lastname@example.org.